Join Me on Medium Day to Learn About Loneliness, Minimalism, and Pen Names
Save the date for August 12th! I’ll be speaking at 9:30 am, 10:30 am, and 11:30 am ET.
Edit Aug 16, 2023: Thank you to everyone who attended my sessions. It was my absolute pleasure to share some thoughts with you and answer your thoughtful questions. As soon as the replays are available, I’ll share them here with you.
Preparing to speak to an audience I’ve only ever written to is a strange feeling. It’s a bit like the anticipation of seeing a pen pal for the first time in real life — exciting yet nerve-racking. Well, for the shy person that I am, it’s mostly nerve-racking.
But when Medium asked me if I wanted to speak at Medium Day, I couldn’t not do it. That’s why I have the great honor to present to you… not one… not two… but three talks that delve into some of my favorite topics:
Loneliness, minimalism, and pen names.
So, save the date! Medium Day is on August 12th, and I’ll be speaking at these times:
- 9:30 am–10:00 am ET — What nobody taught you about loneliness
- 10:30 am–11:00 am ET — What we get wrong about minimalism
- 11:30 am–12:00 am ET — Should you write under a pen name?
Or, check out more details on the talks and registration below.
9:30 am ET — What Nobody Taught You About Loneliness
Loneliness is one of the most shared and distressing human emotions. And yet, nobody ever taught us what it actually is, how to talk about it, and how to cope.
My goal is to change that by the end of the session.
What you’ll learn:
- The loneliness formula: how to make sense of loneliness and put it into words.
- The loneliness loop: why it’s so hard to escape social isolation and how loneliness takes a toll on us.
- Evidence-based ways to reconnection: how we can cope with loneliness and break the vicious cycle of seclusion.